Regattas are races with fellow coastal rowing clubs around the country. Although these are races, there is a great community spirit at these regattas with everyone there sharing a love for coastal rowing. The atmosphere is great and even if medals and trophies are not won we still have an amazing time.
Regattas are also organised into race categories. These categories vary at each regatta but there are common categories.
- Women’s open – any female rower of any age
- Men’s open – any male rower of any age
- Mixed – a crew with at least 1 male and 2 females
- Women’s and Men’s 40+, 50+, and 60+
- Decades – Each rower must be in a different age decade. e.g. 20’s, 30’s, 40’s & 50’s.
Races at regattas are usually either sprints of 1km or longer 2km races with a turn around a buoy.